Register for the Sprint
Date: October 10th and 17th 2015
Venue: Nether Ollerbrook Farm, Edale, Derbyshire, S33 7ZG, United Kingdom
A week in the beautiful Derbyshire village of Edale where we'll work together to improve CiviCRM. You are welcome to attend the entire week or alternatively attend 3 or more days. There is a charge for attending which covers your accommodation and food costs.
There are no hard and fast requirements for attending a sprint, apart from a desire to work on improving CiviCRM in some way and the time to do it. We'll choose 2 or 3 areas to work on (based on participants' interest) and split into teams to tackle these areas. The idea is that we can work on improving CiviCRM and increase your skills and knowledge at the same time. Having skills in specific areas like coding, documentation, writing tests, etc. is great but not a requirement. A desire to further develop your skills and to help others through "peer learning" is required! Examples of work that we've done previously at sprints include:
- improving usability of current features
- documenting new and upcoming features
- getting your code improvements generalised and incorporated into CivICRM
- improving test coverage
- improving CiviCRM marketing
- squashing bugs
- discussing, improving and finalising requirements for up and coming features
By the end of the sprint we'll have made some significant progress in a couple of areas in CiviCRM, and you'll have the tools to continue working on your projects outside of the sprint. You will also get to know people in the CiviCRM community a lot better. As a plus Edale is an area of oustanding natural beauty with some of the most famous walking and scenery in the UK. If you would like to attend the sprint but you can't afford the attendance cost please get in touch. If you are coming to the sprint by train then you can either get the train to Edale and the venue is then a short walk.
- You can go from London St. Pancras and change at Sheffield - 2 hours 50 minutes
- You can go from London Euston and change at Manchester Picadilly - 3 hours 10 minutes