Date: October 6th and 7th 2015
Venue: Resource for London, 356 Holloway Road, London, N7 6PA, United Kingdom
This comprehensive two-day hands on training course is targeted at implementers, administrators, and developers who want to learn more about configuring, customizing, and extending CiviCRM to meet their organization / client needs. You don't need to be a 'developer' to attend but you should have basic PHP and MySQL skills, and be familiar with (or at least ready to dive into) the CiviCRM code base.
Register for CiviCon London 2015 to receive a £50 discount code for this training course
We try to be flexible with the agenda to meet participant needs and expectations, and the final agenda may change.
Topic areas include:
- How CiviCRM works - code layout and architecture
- Extending CiviCRM - hooks, APIs, custom PHP files and templates.
- Native Extension - civix and more.
- Testing - unit tests and webtests
- Advanced features - message templates, batch update via profile, checksum authentication, command-line scripts.
- Internationalization - including translation tools and multilingual sites
- Integration with Drupal, Joomla and Wordpress - including user/contact synchronization, Profiles, Organic Groups, Views2, Joomla extensions
- Debugging - tips and tricks
Participants should bring a laptop with wifi capabilities to this training so they can take part in training exercises. You should have a local copy of the latest stable release of CiviCRM installed and running on your laptop, as well as a text editor that you can use to view and edit PHP and HTML code.
If you are new to CiviCRM, we strongly recommend that you review the free online book - CiviCRM a comprehensive guide, especially the developer section, in preparation for the training. If scheduling allows, consider attending a CiviCRM User and Administrator training session prior to this class.
You should also review the CiviCRM architecture blog post series.